- As members of this church we commit ourselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of all, especially children and young people.
- It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children and young people and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
- We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church.
- The church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with children and young people and to providing supervision.
- Our Church is committed to following the guidelines and procedures published by the Diocese of Manchester.
- The parish will adopt good practice guidelines.
- Each worker with children and young people must know the guidelines and undertake to follow them. Each shall be given a copy of the Parish’s agreed procedures and Good Practice Guidelines.
- As part of our commitment to children and young people the PCC has appointed Joanne Elcock to be the Parish Child Protection Co-ordinator.
This statement was agreed at the PCC Meeting on 8th March 2010.
ï€ Children and Young People are an important part of our Church
ï€ They have much to give as well as to receive
ï€ We will listen to them
ï€ As we nurture them in worship, learning, and in community life,
we will respect the wishes and feelings of Children and Young People.